General Scope of Duties:
The Lead Teacher provides developmentally appropriate preschool education that advances the cognitive, language, physical, social and emotional growth for a classroom of up to 20 children. Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with all existing state child care licensing regulations and federal Head Start Program Performance Standards.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination and TB screening.
- Must have adequate transportation, a valid driver's license and meet WCAP's insurance requirements.
- Must meet WCAP’s background clearance requirements.
- Valid Criminal Record History Check (CHRC) through DOE.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- Experience teaching, preferably with preschool-age children.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational/time management skills.
You must meet one of the following education requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in early childhood education with an 081 Credential (full or conditional) (required if designated as a Lead teacher in conjunction with a public-school pre-K partnership);
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or a Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to ECE or any subject with coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education. College transcripts must demonstrate a minimum of 24 credit hours related to ECE specific content areas.
- An Associate’s Degree in ECE.
- A Preschool Child Development Associate (CDA).
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated
A detailed job description is available on our website: www.waldocap.org. Please submit a completed WCAP employment application also available on our website to: Human Resources, WCAP, PO Box 130, Belfast, ME 04915. This position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found. WCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Katie Bagley, HR Manager
PO Box 130
Waldo Community Action Partners
Mid Coast Maine