If you have an interest in joining a fun, innovative, and dedicated educational team who enjoy working with the greatest kids on the planet, apply here.
We are looking for a caring, energetic, and collaborative Phys Ed/Health teacher. We are a K-12 school with 85 students and 28 staff members, 14 of whom are teachers. The position includes teaching Phys Ed to a K-12 school population and Health classes to Middle School and High School students. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to manage the full span of K-12 students and possess a firm understanding of Physical Education and Health standards. Coaching opportunities are available.
The school: Islesboro Central School is situated on a beautiful 13-mile-long island in upper Penobscot Bay, Maine. In recent years, ICS has become known as an innovative leader in providing personalized learning for each student. ICS prides itself on its ability to provide a nurturing and challenging environment for each student in grades K-12, by ensuring that all students have access to a rigorous program of academics along with a wide range of programs in the arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities. With unyielding support from the community for each student, this one-of-a-kind island community is poised to establish a new 10-year vision on our history of excellence.
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
- A letter of interest summarizing one’s qualifications
- A professional resume
- A completed application, available from Head of School at email@example.com
- A minimum of three current letters of recommendation.
- Post-secondary transcripts
- Maine certification for Maine Department of Education Physical Education (K-12), 510 endorsement and (K-12) Health 520 endorsement.
Salary and benefits based on qualifications and experience.
- Paid health insurance
- Multi-year contract negotiable
- Service to begin on August 25, 2020
All inquiries and materials should be emailed to:
Head of School at: