HIGH SCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION FACULTY
HCA is accepting applications for an opening for a high school Special Education Teacher starting in the 2021-2022 school year.
HCA embraces a project-based, placed-based, standards-based curriculum that puts emphasis on interdisciplinary content, cross-cutting skills, and carefully scaffolded learning for students who approach school in a wide variety of ways. Our teaching practices and learning structures are based in Expeditionary Learning. Because we are a small-by-design school, we seek faculty members who are eager to wear more than one hat and work with both special education and general education students in a variety of contexts. Our Special Education Faculty are active members of our full faculty team. We use a push-in support model as much as possible.
- 282 Endorsement from Maine DOE
- 1-5 years working in special education or youth work experience
- Experience meeting special education compliance requirements
- Strong organization & communication skills
- Familiarity with standards-based teaching and learning
- A fierce commitment to meeting the needs of all learners
- A flexible disposition and enthusiasm for being part of a small, deliberate professional learning community.
Salary and Benefits:
As a public charter school, HCA provides salaries and benefits competitive to those of public local districts in our area. Also, HCA will be joining the Maine State Retirement System (MainePERS) during the 21/22 school year.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com.
- a letter of interest explaining why you are interested in and feel suited for this type of teaching-learning environment. Please describe your qualifications and experience.
- a resume that includes educational and non-educational work experience and interests.
- three references - name, title, phone #, email address.
No phone calls please.