Maine Virtual Academy is seeking a talented High School Science teacher who is seeking to grow his/her career in a virtual education setting. Our teachers have a passion to provide students with a world class educational program that meets student’s needs. We have an excellent training program for teachers new to teaching in a virtual school. Teachers must be able to commute to Augusta 5 days per week. This is not a work from home position. The position requires the ability to teach from the school location in Augusta, Monday through Friday from 8 am until 4 pm throughout the school year. The ideal candidate is certified in his/her content area and has knowledge and training in teaching high school math; is comfortable working in a technology rich environment; exhibits superior organizational and communication skills; is compassionate and student centered; and can participate effectively in a team environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Teaching certificate from the Maine Department of Education in Science, 350 and or 395
- Current CHRC with State of Maine
- Some of the responsibilities of a MEVA teacher include:
- Planning classroom instruction to align to the core standards.
- Engaging students in online coursework through whole group sessions, small group sessions and 1 on 1 sessions. Teachers are required to have a minimum of 15 hours of teaching time each week which are comprised of whole group, small group and 1 on 1 sessions.
- Monitoring and analyzing student efforts and proving timely feedback and coaching.
- Communicating effectively with students in the virtual classroom, the virtual homeroom and through other forms of communication including weekly phone calls to keep students motivated and engaged in school.
- Communicating with parents and learning coaches on a regular and as needed basis.
- Grading assignments, exams and projects within 5 days.
- Proctoring MEA's, NWEA's and SAT tests across the State of Maine.
- Participating in 504 and IEP meetings as part of the student team.
- Working as a positive team member with the MEVA staff
- Participating in staff meetings.
- Participating in professional development activities.
- Participate in open house events.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday from 8am until 4pm
- Current CHRC certificate
- Letter of Introduction
- Copy of college transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation.