SUMMARY: Responsible for planning instruction and/or adaptation of the education program to enable students to benefit from educational experiences.
Salary starting at $40,000
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned.
- Builds trust and confidence with students.
- Plans curriculum, lessons, and special ed programs and teaching methods.
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and presentation purposes.
- Encourage good citizenship.
- Instructs individuals and groups on Special Ed skill areas.
- Monitors student progress in and outside resource room.
- Modifies curriculum.
- Maintains contact with parents of students.
- Evaluates student progress based on work output and observation, determines goals, objectives and directions.
- Prepares report cards, educational records, IEP forms, classroom observation records, and other forms.
- Participates in weekly building Special Ed. Committee Meetings.
- Administers testing evaluations.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in education with experience in Special Education preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Teaching certificate with one or more special education endorsements.