We provide job training, free membership, 50% off programming including camp and childcare, and advancement opportunities.
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors.
Cost shared premium with Health, Dental. Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, Free Individual or Family YMCA membership, casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission. Generous Paid Time Off Policy granted Immediately upon hire: 224 hours of PTO (prorated based on hire date), 5 days of Floating Holiday and 6 paid Holidays.
Under direction of the Childcare Director, and in collaboration with the Lead Teacher, the Child Care Associate is responsible for the leadership, management and supervision of the classroom.
1. Plan, implement and participate in programs in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the YMCA.
2. Create and implement an age-appropriate curriculum that encourages all areas of development including: physical, emotional, social, cognitive, etc.
3. Completes necessary Incident and behavioral reports on students; provides daily feedback and reviews with parents as required.
4. Completes student profiles and observations regularly as required.
5. In conjunction with the Supervisor, ensure your classroom meets all applicable licensing standards
6. Notify Supervisor immediately of any problems or concerns
7. Follow all HEPA and 5-2-1-0 Let’s Go guidelines regarding the Healthy Living operation of your classroom.
8. Enforce all safety rules and ensure a safe environment in the classroom.
9. Maintain cleanliness and organization in the classroom and within the facility.
10. Provide age appropriate materials for classroom and rotate quarterly (where applicable.)
11. Continually evaluate the needs of all children and adjust accordingly.
12. Complete all work in a timely manner thoroughly and satisfactorily.
13. Attend required training and meetings including, but not limited to monthly staff meetings and required training hours as determined by supervisor and DHHS/Accreditation Standards.
14. Adheres to all Y Brand guidelines and receives prior approval for use and creation of any Y related social media from the Advancement department.
15. Is an advocate to the Y by promoting our cause. Assists with the annual campaign by increasing awareness about the campaign within the Y community.
16. Learn and actively utilize ADP Employee Portal on a consistent basis.
17. Other duties as required.
• Ability to effectively communicate in person and on the phone with all levels of employees, members, parents, children and school personnel.
• Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
• Ability to work independently as well as within teams.
• Possess attention to detail with excellent organizational and decision making skills.
• Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual
• Ability to take initiative and self-motivated.
• Meet Licensing standards for childcare centers.
• One year of experience working in age appropriate child care related position.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• CPR and First Aid Certification (within 3 months of hire).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.