Baxter Academy for Technology and Science seeks qualified candidates to fill the role of Guidance Counselor. Baxter Academy is an innovative charter school in Portland, Maine. The Guidance Counselor will support Baxter students as they pursue their goals while in high school and beyond.
The right candidate will have the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with teens and enjoy working with them
- Experience with proficiency-based diplomas and transcripts
- Experience supporting the college admissions process including:
- Preparation of transcripts
- Relationship building with college admission offices
- Excellent writing skills
- Is organized and attentive to detail
- Takes initiative and works independently
- Functions effectively as a team member
- Desire to be part of a learning community
- Is adaptable and flexible
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Apple iWork, and Google Apps.
Baxter Academy’s Guidance Counselor will perform the following duties:
- Schedule students for their classes each semester
- Advise and work with students to develop and achieve their post-high school goals
- Act as 504 Coordinator
- Attend student and faculty meetings as needed
- Provide training to staff and faculty as appropriate
- Coordinate and implement standardized testing
- Other duties as assigned
This is a full time, school year based position. Compensation is competitive and dependent on experience.