York County Community Action Corp.
YCCAC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to alleviate the effects of poverty, attack its underlying causes and to promote the dignity and self-sufficiency of the people of York County, Maine.
38 Weeks a year; 37.5 hours/week
The purpose of the Head Start Teacher position is to provide a positive, welcoming, safe environment where and children and families can thrive.
· Is someone who has a passion to make a difference and wants to have a positive impact on the lives of young children and families of York County.
· The Head Start Teacher is responsible for assisting with planning, implementing, and documenting an effective, comprehensive child development program.
· Maintaining partnerships with families.
· Contributes to ensuring the agency’s full compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing Requirements.
Educational Requirements& Experience:
· CDA, an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood preferred, or related coursework equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education.
· Must have experience in an early childhood setting.
· The teacher must be an open, warm, caring and accepting person, and willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families.
Why YCCAC Children Services:
· We offer a competitive salary; excellent orientation, training and supervision; and a comprehensive benefits package to any employ that works 30 hours or more per week that includes health insurance, dental insurance, retirement benefits and match, life insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays and paid time off.
· ++The position offers a sign-on bonus of $1,500 payable in two installments. ++
York County Community Action
6 Spruce Street, P.O. Box 72
(207)324-5762 or 1-800-965-5762