?Title: School-Based Educator
Job Status: Regular, Full Time (40 hours)
Primary Responsibility: To provide sexual violence prevention programs to youth and school personnel in K-12 settings, with the potential to deliver community-based programs to other audiences. This position also provides direct assistance and support to victims of sexual violence. (Primary service area for education includes Sagadahoc and Lincoln County, with possible response in Eastern Cumberland (Brunswick area.)
Location: ?Southern Midcoast (Brunswick)
- Complete SASSMM prevention education onboarding and training process.
- With the support of Education Co-Coordinators, manage a defined catchment area of schools, providing all necessary outreach, relationship building, scheduling, program delivery, and advocacy to students.
- Distribute evaluations and perform all data collection and entry duties for programs or advocacy provided.
- Participate in a collaborative curriculum and program development process, particularly as pertains to middle and high school students.
- Attend bi-weekly team and supervision meetings.
- Attend at least 12 hours of professional development training per year, in consultation with Education Co-Coordinators.
- Attend other identified meetings and initiatives that are relevant to the mission of the education program and larger agency.
- Complete SASSMM 47 hours Advocate Training.
- Participate in staff back-up coverage of the 1-800 Helpline
- Respond to all client needs associated with staff back-up capacity.
- Perform outreach and build relationships with guidance counselors, school psychologists, and other support staff at middle and high schools, in order to provide greater student access to SASSMM services, and increasing school staff’s ability to support student survivors.
- Support all client needs as identified via the Helpline, the SASSMM office phone, affiliated schools, or other community partners
- Meet the advocacy needs of student clients within catchment area whenever possible, or act as the liaison to facilitate coverage by other staff.
- Facilitate student in-person or online support groups, as needed.
- Perform other client duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or equivalent related experience
- Experience providing education in schools or in other community settings
- Experience developing educational curriculum and outreach materials
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; experience with classroom management, facilitation, or team-building preferred
- Excellent computer literacy and organizational skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Training or experience working with diverse and underserved populations
- Awareness of, and sensitivity to, issues of sexual violence
- Ability to respond to people in crisis and an open-minded nature
Accountability: Accountable to the Education Program Co-Coordinators for all education and prevention programming and to the Director of Client Services for any client-related support. Accountable to the Executive Director regarding all agency programming and operations.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Surroundings: The physical requirements of this position are minimal lifting, a reasonable amount of sitting at a desk and computer screen and general phone work, with personal cell phone use for work purposes as necessary. A comfortable temperature, good lighting, and a clean environment. A positive teamwork atmosphere is present and practiced while encouraging each individual to contribute to that team while strengthening professional growth.
Important Information Regarding This Job Description: This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities. While not all-inclusive, it is written in good faith and knowledge that duties change during the course of time and will be discussed annually during performance review sessions.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Arian Clements, Executive Director.
Mail: P.O. Box 990, Brunswick, ME 04011