Head Child Care Teacher
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, and flexible person to join our team as our Head Child Care Teacher. This position is responsible for planning and carrying out age appropriate curriculum and daily classroom routines. We are looking for an experienced individual to lead our child care center full time. Experience in managing a classroom and lesson planning is a must. We are looking for someone who is passionate about children and helping them learn and grow in a play-based environment. Our center offers year-round, full day child care to about ten island families. The chosen candidate will be working closely with the children, their families, and our Assistant Child Care staff. All caregivers will work towards providing an environment that promotes children's emotional, social, and cognitive growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Head Child Care Teacher
- This position requires an individual with a positive attitude who is loving, energetic, self-directed, flexible and possesses a strong work ethic.
- Oversight of teacher assistants, strong communication skills, excellent organizational ability, multi-tasking, and all aspects of classroom management.
- Maine Roads to Quality Direct Care Lattice is desired.
- Establish a warm and professional rapport with all children and families in the classroom.
- Maintain healthy and safety standards
- Develop integrated, developmentally appropriate, standards-based curriculum for children designed to promote social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth
- Maintain accurate attendance, meal, and diapering records
- Ensure cleanliness of the classroom including counter tops, sinks and tables
- Greet families and children as they enter or exit
- Understand the plan for the day and be supportive to the needs of the children
- Support social and emotional development and positive guidance in the classroom
- Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals of the age of the children
- Observe and document the individual progress of each child through authentic assessment practices for the dual purpose of informing classroom instruction and curriculum and communicate children’s’ progress with families
- Always ensure child supervision (especially in the bathroom and on the playground)
- Be familiar with DHS licensing regulations
- Participate in Family Engagement Activities run by the center
- Develop a yearly Professional Development Plan which will include 30 hours of training
- Participate in all staff trainings and parent/staff meetings and other mandatory or required meetings during the year.
- Associates degree in education or child development preferred
- Two years of experience working with infants and toddlers required
- Professional Focus and passion for the early childhood age group
- Proven leadership abilities
- CPR / First Aid Certification is Required
- The ability and willingness to comply with all applicable laws and rules
- The ability to provide safe and compassionate services
- A history of honest and lawful conduct
PAY RANGE (Competitive pay commensurate with experience and education)
Full-Time Position – 40-Hours per week - $16 - $18 per Hour
Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Paid Training, Child Care Discount, Rec Center Membership Discount
Chebeague Recreation Center / The Kids’ Place – Licensed Child Care Center
Contact: Steve Auffant – firstname.lastname@example.org – 207-846-5068