Math Teacher - Anticipated
Freeport High School
We are seeking a full time Mathematics Teacher at Freeport High School who will provide rigorous, high quality instruction and support to our students. Candidates must have experience teaching a range of math courses as well as experience in a high school setting. Candidates must be able to teach higher levels of high school math, including Calculus. Minimum of two years classroom teaching experience is preferred, as well as experience with proficiency-based instructional strategies. This is a 1.0 FTE position.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relations with students, school personnel, and parents
- Ability to collaborate with the appropriate stakeholders to maintain high quality instruction and student support.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and exhibit effective communication skills.
- Ability to be reflective on instructional practices in order to enhance student achievement.
- Fulfill all performance responsibilities of a Mathematics Teacher in a high school setting.
Math Teaching Certification (300S for grades 7-12) from Maine Dept. of Education.
Position remains open until suitable candidate is found.
Please apply directly on our district website: www.rsu5.org