Job Title: High School Assistant Principal
Date Available: July 1, 2019
Description: Scarborough High School has an opening for an Assistant Principal. We are seeking a collaborative leader who:
- Has a passion for working with high school age students
- Understands diversity and cultural differences, and develops strong community partnerships
- Has a strong understanding of HS curriculum and can participate and lead work in this area
- Understands teacher supervision, evaluation, and school safety
- Sets behavioral limits and is understanding of restorative practices
- Knowledge of effective adult learning practices that support a learning organization
- Is able to manage multiple tasks
- Is able to help direct and contribute to the planning and logistical tasks of a large high school
- Is able to be an active participant in committees and ongoing educational work in the district and community
- Is able to participate in student activities beyond the school day
- Has experience in Educational Administration
The successful candidate has high school teaching experience, knowledge of current educational practices and an interest in all aspects of managing a large high school.
Scarborough High School, located in Scarborough, Maine, has an enrollment of 1,000 students. We pride ourselves on the relationships developed with our students, families, and community. We are proud to offer a solid academic program, with a number of AP, duel enrollment, and CTE offerings. SHS has many co-curricular/extracurricular activities including Academic Decathlon, Math Team, Civil Rights, music and theatre, and is well represented in local and regional athletic playoffs.
Qualifications: Maine Department of Education Assistant Principal Certification (045 – Asst. Building Administrator).
Application Instructions: Scarborough Public Schools does not accept paper applications or supporting materials. All applications and supporting materials are to be completed via AppliTrack at www.applitrack.com/scarborough/onlineapp
Application Deadline: Until a suitable candidate is found
Maine Department of Education Certification Information can be obtained online at the department’s website at http://www.maine.gov/doe/index.html.
Maine State Law requires ALL school employees to be fingerprinted and pass a Criminal History Record Check (CHRC). A copy of your CHRC MUST be uploaded as part of your application to be considered. For more information about Maine’s Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) requirements, please see the Maine Department of Education website at http://maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting/index.html
About Scarborough Public Schools
Located on the scenic coast of Southern Maine, six miles southwest of Portland, Scarborough Public Schools provide services to students from kindergarten to adult education practicing its philosophy of offering quality education for all eligible members of the community. Students learn in a positive atmosphere where dedicated educators strive to meet individual student needs throughout the school year and beyond.
Scarborough Public Schools are committed to all students becoming college, career, and civic ready through student-centered learning. Using our Student Centered Learning focus, decisions in planning instruction and in the continuous improvement of our schools are made with students’ needs and interests as our primary consideration.
For more information on Scarborough Public Schools, please see our website at www.scarboroughschools.org