Ocean Avenue Elementary School
- Closing Date:
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and creative classroom teacher. The successful candidate will have experience creating strong student and parent relationships. Ocean Avenue School is the first and only PYP International Baccalaureate school in Maine. A strong candidate will have demonstrated ability to plan collaboratively with other teachers and school-wide educators; demonstrated experience in conducting rigorous inquiry-based instruction across content areas; and commitment to incorporating global perspectives and strengthening students' social/emotional education throughout the classroom and school. Evidence of raising academic achievement in reading and mathematics, including differentiation of instruction is a must. Candidates who speak a second language are encouraged to apply.
Under direction of the school principal, plans, and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure Success for Every Student. Supervises students in a variety of school related settings. Monitors and evaluates student outcomes. Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff and community. Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of PPS curriculum, techniques for integrating curriculum, PPS policies, and effective instructional practices.
- Understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- Ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education.
- Ability to infuse technology into curriculum.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office and school based staff, students, parents and community.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university.