As a Preschool Teacher at Pine Tree Society’s Early Learning Center in Auburn, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and documenting a daily age-appropriate program which meets the developmental needs of all children in a classroom setting.
- Ensures the appropriate staffing and supervision of the classroom at all times.
- Arranges the classroom into definite interest centers that encourage small group, large group and individual activities.
- Promotes and models good health habits, hand washing, tooth brushing etc. Integrates health and safety education into the classroom.
- Maintains rooms, equipment and toys.
- Observes, records and assesses child’s progress with parent input to ensure the implementation of the Creative Curriculum to provide an individualized program for all children.
- Maintains accurate up-to-date records and documentation to include and ensure timely submission where applicable.
- Develops, maintains and documents partnerships with parents to enhance their role and skills in their child’s development and to keep parents informed of their child’s progress.
- Participates in ongoing staff development to support continued growth in personal and professional skills. Participates in trainings, staff meetings or other related meetings as requested.
- Works with consultant/therapists assigned to the program in order to provide the most appropriate program for children.
Maintains, participates in and keeps current training certification in First Aid/CPR training.
- Provides leadership and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff, parents, community providers and public school personnel.
Qualifications; knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Willingness to participate in training, possess good verbal and written communication skills and work as an effective team member.
Ability to work and communicate effectively with parents, therapists and supervise others.
Must have a sincere interest, commitment and ability to the provision of operating a quality program for children and families.
Ability to organize time effectively and remain flexible in order to meet competing demands of time and attention.
Demonstrated knowledge of and demonstrated competency in the use of computer systems in order to perform daily word processing tasks and proper network utilization.
Minimum requirement: Must hold or apply and be eligible for an Educational Technician III Certification from the Maine Department of Education.
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Early Childhood Special Education is preferred as well as a 282 or 081 Endorsement for birth-5.
Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a degree in a related field and teaching experience with children ages birth-5 is acceptable.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pound, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is located in a classroom environment with frequent interruptions and a generally moderate noise level with frequent loud or disruptive noises. Computer use is frequent and regular.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including health, dental, life, short term disability and voluntary benefits; a generous PTO policy, eleven paid holidays, a 403(b) retirement plan, and a workplace atmosphere focused on impact. EOE.
Please mail cover letter and resume to Denise White, HR Director, Pine Tree Society, 149 Front Street, Bath ME 04530 or email to email@example.com.