Winfield Children's House is seeking an teacher to work as an assistant in our Toddler program (16 months-3 years), as well as lead the Aftercare program (16 mths - 6 yrs).
The position requires a thoughtful, nurturing, conscientious teacher who is passionate about working with children.
- Follow schedules and routines
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students, parents and co-workers
- Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Prepare the classroom environment for optimal learning
- Attend meetings and staff development
- An Associates or Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience with Toddlers in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively in a supportive environment
Winfield offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. The position is full-time and can be year round by teaching in the arts and science summer camp. Send letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of reference, and a copy of college transcript and Montessori credential to Michelle Vogel, Director
Winfield is located in Falmouth, just north of Portland, Maine. Soon celebrating its 30th anniversary, Winfield currently serves approx. 100 students from 4 months through 6 years old. We have three 0-3 classrooms, one for infants 4 months through 18 months and two for children 16 months through 3 years, and three Early Childhood classrooms, for children 3-6 years old. During the summer months, a small nature and art camp is offered to our enrolled students. Winfield offers Foreign Language, Sign Language, Music, Yoga, and Environmental Education as enrichment to the Montessori Curriculum.
Job Type: Full-time
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year with young children