Hilltop School is seeking a fun, creative and highly energetic individual for the position of school cook at our high quality Early Childhood Education Facility serving children ages 18 months through Pre-K. The school cook is responsible for all aspects of running the school kitchen. To include, but not limited to, developing the monthly menu, preparing two snacks and a lunch each day for every student in attendance, ordering the necessary food and supplies, and managing special diets and food allergies. The position is 30 hours per week and benefits eligible.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off
- Retirement Plan (After 2 years of employment)
- High School Diploma
- ServSafe Food Certification or willingness to obtain
Additional Knowledge skills and experience required:
- Knowledge of safe food management
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of family, staff, and business information
- Must clear all background checks
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Prepare monthly menu to be submitted to the Executive Director for approval.
· Work within the CACFP guidelines to insure nutritious menu choices.
· Meet with family members and teaching staff to insure food allergies are handled in a safe and confidential manner.
· Order food from food service provider within the allocated budgeted amount.
· Assist in the preparation of food for special events (Open houses, family social events, etc..)
· Prepare a light snack for bi-monthly board of manager’s meetings.
· Meet with the State Health Inspector during inspections.
· Prepare A.M. snack, package, and deliver directly to classrooms.
· Prepare a family style lunch, package, and deliver directly to classrooms.
· Prepare P.M., package, and deliver directly to classrooms.
· Wash dishes and clean kitchen in compliance with food code requirements.
· Prepare picnic lunches as required for field trips and other special events.
· Sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, bending, walking, grasping
· Visual acuity to include color, depth perception, and field of vision.
· Sufficient auditory function to hear phones, pages, instruments or system alarms, and verbal commands.
· Moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 20 lbs. frequently and/or over 10 lbs. constantly)
· May be subject to sitting or standing for long periods of time.
· Must be able to climb stairs on order to access classrooms and other rooms in the building.
· Must be able to communicate verbally with others, to include phone and radio equipment.
If interested please send resume and at least 3 references
For more information about our school please visit http://www.bangorhilltopschool.com