Maintenance, Specialty – Carpentry
Good Will-Hinckley has a full-time opening for a maintenance staff member with a specialty in carpentry. This Maintenance, Specialty-Carpentry position is responsible for the overall maintenance of the facilities: buildings, grounds, and major equipment at Good Will-Hinckley, including construction, renovation, preventative maintenance and repair. A successful candidate will have an expansive maintenance background and experience, excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adjust to last minute changes and a fast-paced school campus environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general maintenance on buildings, equipment, and facilities.
- Perform preventive maintenance and basic repairs as qualified.
- Perform and assist in construction and renovation projects as directed including carpentry.
- Operate power tools and equipment necessary to fulfill responsibilities.
- Perform general labor, grounds keeping, and custodial work as directed.
- Assist with water and sewer systems maintenance, testing and monitoring.
- Reports all incidents of work related accident/illness within 24 hours; maintain a safe work environment; ensure that a safe environment is maintained in the workplace by adhering to all safety rules and requirements (Safety Policies) and report any safety hazards to immediate supervisor.
- Perform all other duties that may be reasonably assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the service population
Full carpentry and maintenance skills. Must provide own carpentry tools.
An ability to work with peers and students. Satisfactory reference, background and health checks. Must have a valid Maine driver’s license.
Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs.
Wage and benefit package as determined by the Board of Directors.
Other Relevant Information:
Task assignments will be made with consideration given to individual skills.
$100,000/$300,000 automobile liability insurance coverage if transporting Good Will-Hinckley students.
Interested applicants please download the Application located on our employment page at https://www.gwh.org/employment-opportunities and submit a complete application packet, using the “GWH Employment Application” to:
or mail to Human Resources, PO Box 159, Hinckley, ME 04944.
Please reference “Maintenance” on your correspondence.
We are an equal opportunity employer