Regional School Unit #13
Anticipated Opening - 2017-2018 School Year
Oceanside High School
Special Education Teacher - Resource Room
RSU #13 is seeking a dynamic and innovative special educator to work with students in grades 9-12 at Oceanside High School. Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering specially designed instruction in multiple content areas,
- Supporting students with behavioral needs,
- Collecting and utilizing behavioral and academic data to inform interventions and instruction,
- Developing and supporting students’ transition plans,
- Supervising special education technicians,
- Completing special education documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
A successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, a willingness to seek nontraditional solutions to issues as they arise, an ability to build positive relationships with students, and a willingness to collaborate with parents, special educators, regular educators, service providers, and administrators as appropriate.
Applicants for this position must have the appropriate education, background, experience, CHRC, and have/be eligible for Maine Department of Education certification (#282 endorsement).
Please submit an Application for Teaching Position (available on www.rsu13.org under Central Office, Employment or by calling 207-596-2002), along with the reguired documents to: RSU #13, Attn: Human Resources, 28 Lincoln Street, Rockland, ME 04841.