Harpswell Coastal Academy (HCA) is searching for a bus driver to join our excellent team for the 2021/2022 school year. The route will be in the Harpswell, Brunswick, Bath, and/or Topsham region in the morning only. We offer flexible schedules and competitive wages for part time drivers.
- Prepare vehicle for roadworthiness (inspection and documentation, gas, snow removal, etc.)
- Transport all passengers including special education students over scheduled routes and/or from special excursions ensuring efficient, safe transport and loading and unloading from the bus
- Ensure that safe, reliable, timely transportation is provided to students at all times
- Obey all traffic laws and observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses
- Maintain discipline on the school bus at all times
- Communicate with the Director of Transportation about any changes in routes, concerns with vehicles, and student behavior issues in a timely and professional manner and use established protocols for such communication
- Valid State of Maine school bus license (CLD license with Passenger & School Bus endorsement)
- HCA will train and pay for the right candidate to complete their license and endorsement exams
- A clean driving record with the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Current Maine Department of Education Criminal History Record Check Authorization, or able to obtain
- Physical ability to meet primary responsibilities
- Ability to work well within a team
SALARY: $17.00 to $25.00 per hour depending on experience and route assignment
A valid Maine Department of Education Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) Approval will be required of the successful candidate. However, it is not a requirement to have completed prior to the application process.
For more information about Maine's Criminal History Records Check process, please visit the Maine DOE online fingerprint registration site or call the Maine Certification Office at 207-624-6603.
TO APPLY: Call or send a letter of interest via mail or email to:
Harpswell Coastal Academy
8 Leavitt Drive
Brunswick, ME 04011
(207) 833-3229 x602