POSITION: Social Worker (Grades K-5)
LOCATION: Harpswell Community School
HOURS/STATUS: School Year 2021-2022
CLOSING DATE: Open until Filled
TO APPLY: http://applitrack.com/link75/onlineapp
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive school guidance/social worker program which provides services to students, their families and district staff in order to fully develop individual student potential, working within the service framework of legal and recognized professional standards and in accordance
with district policy.
- Supports school-wide behavioral initiatives (Multi Tiered System of School Supports/School-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports /Individual PBIS Plans) to establish a positive climate by fostering understanding and appreciation of diversity in the school community to increase productivity,
safety and learning.
- Effectively manages all accompanying responsibilities for the delivery of a successful district guidance/school social worker program.
- Meets weekly with school based administration and guidance team for peer supervision and problem solving.
- Provides support and delivers developmental guidance program (ex. Social–emotional curriculum in all classrooms).
- Works closely with members of the Special Education/Response to Intervention Teams to develop and implement effective plans for at-risk and Special Education students.
- Coordinates, creates, and supports 504 plans for students.
- Assists in social emotional programming for students with significant IEPs.
- Facilitates individual counseling/group sessions to help students deal with relationships and solve personal/family problems, to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior, and to provide peer support. (Ex. divorce, death, self-esteem, friendship, etc.)
- Performs case management service relating to student maladjustments, including development of programs to identify student needs, analyze situations, formulate a reasoned conclusion as to a preferred course of action, and provide and/or refer for services to affect a remedy. (Ex. anger management,
impulse control, etc.)
- Provides social work and direct counseling as an educationally related service to students in special education and therapeutic programs; and consultation and support to staff and school administration.
- Sees the benefit of and is skilled at connecting with elementary students' families and/or caregivers, while helping to foster a problem-solving, collaborative partnership between adults and kids.
- Helps to engage kids in solving the problems that affect their lives.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- LCSW licensure.
- Preferred successful experience in social work and professional training in child development/counseling, consultation, and factors influencing the learning process.
- Flexible, confident, and mature decision-maker.
- Ability to work in a professional manner and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, students, district staff, parents, and community service providers.
- Ability to perform duties while working cooperatively with the staff and district in fulfilling the district’s vision, mission, and guiding principles.
- Maine Department of Education Criminal History Check Authorization.
- MANDT Trained (or willing to be trained).
MSAD No. 75 is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)