Spurwink Services is looking for an experienced and dynamic senior educational team member to act as Assistant Program Director of Education for our Chelsea program. Candidates should have experience working with students with an array of disabilities, including PDD and Autism. Spurwink provides a collaborative team environment with a student centered approach to learning.
BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- Flexibility of Schedules
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Assistance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Verizon & Sprint Cell Phone Discounts
Robust Benefits Package:
- Single Person Health Insurance (as little as $16.60 every 2 weeks)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Account with Matching Contribution (after 1 year of service)
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Don't apply to just any job. Jumpstart your career with Spurwink by getting in touch with us today.
- Assist with staffing coordination (scheduling) and hiring/interviewing of new staff.
- Provide direct daily classroom support throughout the milieu. Review IEP's and BHP logs with teachers as necessary.
- Perform behavior management including passive physical restraint, life space interviews, and prescribed mental health intervention.
- Attend IEP meetings and QUR's as necessary.
- Coordinate transition meetings and lead teaching staff in the development of transition plans.
- Provide oversight to the SCERTS team at Chelsea.
- Meet and consult with Education Director to review teacher performance issues.
- Assist with training and supervision of staff.
Master's degree in an Education related field, preferably Special Education. Five years of teaching experience with extensive supervisory responsibilities in a special education classroom. Must maintain required licensing and certification throughout the duration of employment with Spurwink in this role.
Spurwink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.