PLEASE NOTE: You must upload and/or complete ALL documents requested before being scheduled for an interview.
Please bring proof of fingerprints and/or document showing scheduled appointment to be fingerprinted to interview.
$90.00 a day for Ed. Tech and $100.00 for Teacher
To apply, go to www.lewistonpublicschools.org Click on green job postings button on the left hand side of screen, click on the position you wish to apply for and follow instructions.
- Transcripts (if applicable)
- Maine certification (if any)
- Written explanation for answering YES to any of the background section questions
Lewiston Public Schools
- Performs regular teacher's class plan while the teacher is out.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes the responsibilities for instructing classes when a teacher is absent.
- Assumes all other responsibilities for that teacher during the time the teacher is absent.
- Prepares lesson plans with assistance, as directed by an administrator, when lesson plans are not available in the classroom.
- Maintains appropriate records including checking test papers, recording grades, student assignments for homework, projects and the necessary clerical work required to maintain student records for a teacher who is absent.
- Provides for individualized and small group assistance for students as indicated by lesson plans.
- Supervises students and oversees paraprofessional for instruction purposes.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- prefer a minimum of 60 college credits
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in specific field.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regular required to stand and talk or hear. The employee will occasionally sit and walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally push and/or move up to 10 pounds, such as a TV/DVD cart.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee continuously interacts with the public and other staff and occasionally meets multiple demands from several people.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work is performed indoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.