K-6 Special Education Teacher - Special Purpose Private School
· Assist students in achieving academic success by providing our students regular guidance, mentoring, and support during science classes.
· Develop weekly lesson plans that may need to be individualized to student's current academic level and abilities.
· Provide direction and supervision to BHP's when needed.
· Participate as member of our education and treatment teams which facilitate individual counseling as well as group counseling and assessment when needed.
· Assist with managing classroom behavior in accordance with student IEP's by enforcing rules and procedures.
· Demonstrate and maintain professional boundaries with students at all times
· The school follows a traditional schedule which includes a modified eight-week summer schedule.
· Perform as a case manager with a caseload of 10-12 students which includes writing IEP's, developing goals, and attending IEP meetings.
· Assist BHP's with emotionally supporting and de-escalating students.
· Create a safe, welcoming, and nurturing learning environment.
PLC (Pineview Learning Center) Monmouth, ME
· Maine Department of Education, Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification. CANDIDATES WHO ARE CLOSE TO CERTIFICATION OR POTENTIALLY ELIGIBLE FOR CERTIFICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED.
· Bachelor's degree in Education, Special Educations, Mental Health, or related field.
· Maine School Solutions offers highly competitive compensation commensurate with skills, experience, and education.
· On the job, professional Human Services training, skills development and career leadership opportunities.
· Paid school vacation, holidays, and snow days plus sick time.
· Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement, Short & Long Term Disability, Basic Life & Supplemental Life, AD&D, Flexible Health Spending Account, Legal and Employee Assistance Programs
Maine School Solutions locations are approved day treatment programs licensed by the Maine Department of Education as special purpose private schools. Maine School Solutions believe that all students can learn, achieve at high standards, and have abilities and talents that are worthy of being identified and supported. Maine School Solutions are an affiliate of the Becket Family of Services which has 40+ locations and over 50 years of serving New England youth and families.
At Maine School Solutions, we provide individualized therapeutic support and educational services to those students identified as special education and that have not been successful in public school in grades K – 12. All students have an assigned school social worker and are supported by Behavioral Health Professionals (BHP), Special Education Teachers, Occupational Therapists, and Speech Therapists.
Becket Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.