- Holds current Maine State Criminal History Records Check
- Certification: 282 - Teacher of Students with Disabilities (7-12) or 286 - Teacher of Severly Impaired Students (K-12)
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, a willingness to seek nontraditional solutions to issues, an ability to build positive relationships with students, and a willingness to collaborate with parents, special educators, regular educators, service providers, and administrators as appropriate.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary student-centered team
- Coordinate, write and implement IEPs
- Facilitate IEP meetings
- Develop schedules and lesson plans
- Supervise educational technicians
- Implement a variety of instructional approaches
- Assist classroom teachers in developing student interventions
- Develop transition plans with student
- Complete required paperwork within the timelines under state and federal laws
Deadline: When a qualified candidate is found
Location: Messalonskee High School
Applications may be completed online at http://www.applitrack.com/rsu18/onlineapp.
Amanda Soule, HR Manager
41 Heath Street
Oakland ME 04963
Phone: (207) 465-7384 ext 2670
Fax: (207) 680-2717
Please visit www.rsu18.org for more information.