SKCDC is an Early Head Start, Head Start and Childcare program; we are looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals who love working with the youngest generation to join our team to fill the following position in its Early Care and Education Program:
Assistant Teacher – Gardiner Center in Gardiner, Maine
This opening is a full year/full time, Monday-Friday, position. Assistant Teachers are responsible for supporting the classroom teacher by providing a developmentally appropriate educational program that meets the social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs of the children within their care.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
Must be reliable and conscientious and possess sincere interest in commitment and ability to the provision of quality programs for children and families. Experience in early childhood a plus.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Head Start Assistant Teacher
- Minimum of 18 years old, possess a minimum of a High School Diploma/GED/HiSet Diploma and have completed fifteen (15) hours of Maine Roads to Quality – Core Knowledge Training or equivalent approved training.
- If the Head Start Assistant Teacher possesses the minimum of (15) hours of Maine Roads to Quality – Core Knowledge Training or equivalent approved training, they must enroll in a CDA credential program to be completed within two (2) years or
- Possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (Early Childhood Education (ECE)/coursework equivalent to a major relating to ECE) or be enrolled in a program leading to such degree.
- Pre-school CDA credential /AS/BS preferred.
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- Experience in early childhood desirable.
- Must be reliable and conscientious.
- Must have an interest in working with young children in a supportive and meaningful manner.
- Must possess a valid Maine driver’s license with a good driving record and must have an adequately insured vehicle, if conducting Agency business.