Yarmouth Daycare Center (YDC) is pleased to announce that we have an opening for a Full-time Caregiver who is ready to join our amazing team. Caregivers at YDC have more than 75 years of combined experience working in the early childcare field, with strong backgrounds in teaching and childhood development. Yarmouth Daycare Center offers a relaxed, friendly environment that is fully supported by an active and engaged group of parents and community partners.
Come join in the fun, and experience a job that is both rewarding and stable. We offer competitive wages and paid time off, a flexible schedule, and opportunities for additional paid home care shifts with daycare families.
As a Full-time Caregiver, you will be expected to bring a heavy dose of common sense when handling all situations. You will be trusted with a wide range of tasks that will be essential to the smooth running of the center, as well as to the educational development of the children.
Some of the exciting things that you will do include, but are not limited to:
- Make a difference every day!
- Lead in the planning, execution and clean-up of circle time, nap time, indoor and outdoor playtime, and meal times
- Maintain a safe, inviting, interesting and stimulating environment for the children
- Provide feedback to parents at drop-off and pic-up time
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem and help children discover new things each day
- Take ownership of special projects as needed
- Offer excellent communication and reliability
- Assist the Director and your teammates with the operation of the school, ensuring that the school is always in accordance with YDC Policies & Procedures and State of Maine licensing standards.
- Experience working in an organized child care center or background in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Minimum of HS diploma required
- Must meet Maine State Dept. of Human Services licensing requirements - including attending training classes and the successful completion of CPR and First Aid Certifications. YDC will compensate the candidate for these certifications after 6 months of employment.
- Physical ability to meet primary responsibilities
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain a calm, cool and collected demeanor at all times
SALARY: $12.50 per hour
TO APPLY: Send a letter of interest via mail or email to:
Yarmouth Daycare Center
396 Gilman Road
Yarmouth, ME 04096
(P) (207) 846-5563
About our Center: Located in Yarmouth, Maine, Yarmouth Daycare Center (YDC), is a deliberately small cooperative daycare that offers childcare from ages 6 weeks to 5 years. Our philosophy is to provide children with a warm, safe, nurturing, structured and fun-filled environment. Early childhood is a time of incredible development and we strive to promote an atmosphere that allows our children to prosper. By maintaining low child to caregiver ratio, we provide our children with the opportunity to grow at their own pace.