Hilltop School is seeking a fun, energetic person to fill the position of float teacher and join our team of dedicated invidivuals. Our float teachers work with children 18 months through 5 years of age. It's a great position for someone who loves working with all age groups and enjoys something different each day.
This is a full time, year round position and is benefits eligible.
Pay is determined by looking at experience and education but the pay starts from $15.00/hour. Bonus pay is temporarily being offered as well for a period of time.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- A retirement plan after 2 years of employment
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Pay
- Employee Childcare tuition discount
- Competitive wages
- High school diploma or GED
- Child Development Credential, Associates degree in ECE or Bachelor's degree in ECE preferred but not required.
- Must be 18 years of age
- CPR/First Aid certified or willingness to obtain
- Willingness to obtain 40 hours of additional training each year
- Must pass all required background checks
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact with all family members and visitors to the program in a warm and welcoming manner.
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with family members in order to work towards the best interest of the child(ren)
- Work collaboratively with other staff members to foster a team environment.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and the annual staff in service day.
- Follow all of Hilltop School's policies and procedures as outlined in the policies and procedures manual and the playground safety handbook.
- Daily supervision of a classroom of children according to childcare licensing
- Implement the weekly plans as written by the classroom head teacher.
- Sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, bending, walking, stretching, grasping, repetitive motions.
- Ability to sit on the floor and get up from a seated position.
- May be subject to sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity to include color, depth perception, and field of vision with or without correction.
- Light lifting (up to 50 lbs. occasionally or up to 10 lbs. frequently)
- Sufficient auditory function to hear phones, pages, instrument or system alarms, and verbal commands.
- Must be able to communicate verbally with others, to include phone and radio equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs in order to be accessible to all areas of the building.
Please send resume and 3 references