Job Title: Youth Sports Manager
Department: Youth Development
Reports to: Youth Development Director
This position supports the work fo the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through you development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Develops, organizes, and implements high quality programs for our older adults members and youth sports programs.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands youth programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities. Assures all equipment is transported and set up for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits.
- Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meeting, and training and meetings for coaches.
- Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines, and handbooks.
- Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards/ coordinates and distributes team photographs.
- Organizes and hosts end of season recognition, promoting healthy eating and good nutrition.
- Organizes and conducts sports clinics.
- Assists int eh marketing and distribution of youth sports program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationship with community organizations.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Complies program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Acts as a role model for the values of caring, respect, honesty, and responsibility in dealings with staff, members, and children at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- One or two years related experience preferred.
- Training required before start of job. Blood Borne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention series, Elder Abuse, Workplace Violence, Sexual Harassment.
- CPR; First Aid; AED; required within 30 days of hire.