Brunswick High School is looking for an Educational Technician III, Library Audiovisual Assistant.
REQUIREMENTS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with students, teachers, and staff on video projects, including class projects and projects for clubs and activities.
- Assist with developing multimedia projects, and support technology-related instruction with classes as well as with groups or individual students in the Library, Makerspace, and Studio.
- Produce PSAs of Brunswick High School activities to show on the First 5 and/or to be posted on the BHS Website.
- Supervise and work with students to broadcast the daily morning announcement program, the First 5, including the use of the Tricaster 40 broadcasting equipment in the BHS Studio.
- Assist with uploading and organizing digital files, and maintaining the BHS Studio’s YouTube channel,
- Maintain daily scrolling announcements on monitors throughout the school.
- Help develop and promote STEM-related activities in the Library’s Makerspace, the STREAM Lab, including the use of the 3D printers.
- Train students and teachers in the use of video recording, production, and editing equipment, programs and software.
- Assist with scheduling the use of audiovisual equipment, and the BHS Studio.
- Stay abreast of new technology and multimedia trends, and collaborate with the librarian on the purchase of audiovisual or technology-related equipment for the BHS Library, Makerspace, and Studio.
- Assist teachers and students in selecting and locating appropriate audiovisual and technology tools.
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment problems experienced by teachers and students.
- Send technology repair requests to appropriate personnel.
- Duplicate videos in accordance with copyright law.
- Adhere to and promote Brunswick School Department policies and procedures.
- Attend any required Support Staff meetings or trainings.
- Complete other appropriate tasks as determined by the librarian and/or building principal.
In addition to those qualifications needed for Educational Technician II positions, special qualifications desired in this position are:
Interest in technology, and in learning and integrating new technology
Ability to write and communicate effectively
Strong skills in digital video and audio editing
Knowledge of computers, and the ability to provide assistance with computers
Ability to troubleshoot A/V equipment and provide technical assistance
Ability to be flexible and multitask, and a desire to be of assistance to others
Equal Opportunity Employer