Teaching Assistant /Ed Tech III
Woodfords Family Services
About the Person We Want to Hire:
You are compassionate, energetic and a people person! You are supportive and have a passion for helping others. You have good verbal and written communication skills, and are an excellent problem solver. You are patient, understanding and creative. You're a dynamic individual who wants to impact the lives of people with special needs and their families! If this describes you, then a position as a Teaching Assistant/Ed Tech III at Woodfords could be waiting for you.
About the Role:
As a Woodfords' Teaching Assistant/Ed Tech III, you work directly with the students providing hands on guidance while helping them meet their individualized goals. You help guide them toward fulling their potential for cognitive, social and emotional growth and maturation. You will be a member of the Early Childhood program working independently with a child and cooperatively with a team. Your schedule is Monday Friday allowing you to maintain a work/life balance.
We invest in you and provide you with paid training & opportunities for advancement! We will teach you the skills and strategies needed to be successful.
Hourly Rate depends on experience.
- A minimum of 90 credit hours; Bachelor's degree preferred, in special education, early childhood or a related field.
- A minimum of two years' experience preferred and the desire to work with children with special needs.
- Ability to work a year-round, Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 3:30 pm schedule
- Good documentation skills
- A positive attitude and high energy level
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families since 1967. For 50 years, our agency has been Maine's leader in the provision of services for individuals and their families with autism, developmental and intellectual disabilities. Not only are we committed to our consumers and their families but we are also committed to our staff. That is why we have staff who have been working with us for 10, 20 and 30 plus years!
Want to learn more about our agency, programs or employment opportunities in our Topsham & Waterville Preschools?
Take a look at this video and hear from our staff, consumers and families about how amazing Woodfords is!
We have a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health Insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs, including a 100% employer-paid plan, gym membership reimbursement and vision discounts (For full-time employees)
- Dental Insurance (For full-time employees)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- For Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- For Training and Professional Development