Reniassance School is looking for creative and motivated Special Education Teachers to join our clinically intensive day treatment program for students in grades K-8. Work in a small setting with a multidiscilplinary team to help students develop self control and safe behaviors. Provide educational services and IEP case management for a caseload of 6-8 students. You are supported by additional behavioral staff in your classroom, as well as a larger team and high staff ratio.
- Bachelor's degree in Education
- Maine State Department of Education certification as Special Education Teacher or eligibility.
- Department of Education Criminal History Record Check required (fingerprinting)
- 1-3 years previous experience preferred, new graduates welcome.
Other Skills Required:
- Ability to work well as part of an inter-disciplinary team and solid understanding of role on team
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to ever changing needs of students
- Behavioral interventions may be required for brief, but sometimes extreme, "out of control" child behaviors
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.