Regional School Unit #13
Anticipated Opening - 2017-2018 School Year
Special Education Teacher – Elementary (K-5)
RSU #13’s Special Education Department is seeking a dynamic and innovative special educator to work with students in grades K-5 at South School. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and delivering specially designed instruction in multiple content areas,
- Supporting students with behavioral needs,
- Collecting and utilizing behavioral and academic data to inform interventions and instruction,
- Supervising special education technicians,
- Completing special education documentation in a timely and accurate manner,
- Participating in the Kindergarten screening process as appropriate.
A successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, a willingness to seek nontraditional solutions to issues as they arise, an ability to build positive relationships with students, and a willingness to collaborate with parents, special educators, regular educators, service providers, and administrators as appropriate.
Applicants for this position must have the appropriate education, background, and experience, and have/be eligible for Maine Department of Education certification (#282 endorsement).
Please submit an Application for Teaching Position (available on www.rsu13.org under Central Office, Employment or by calling 207596-2002), along with the required documents to: RSU #13, Attn: Human Resources, 28 Lincoln Street, Rockland, ME 04841