York County Community Action Corp.
YCCAC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to alleviate the effects of poverty, attack its underlying causes and to promote the dignity and self-sufficiency of the people of York County, Maine.
Classroom Support Aide
25 hours/week; 36 weeks/year
The Classroom Support Aide functions as an integral member of the Head Start Classroom Team, helping nurture young minds in a classroom setting.
The ideal candidate:
- Is someone who has a passion to make a difference and wants to have a positive impact on the lives of young children and families of York County.
- Providing classroom support to teachers and kitchen staff, as needed, on a daily basis.
- Completes housekeeping tasks to assure a clean, safe and inviting classroom that is ready for children to learn and explore.
- Contributes to ensuring the agency’s full compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing Requirements.
Educational Requirements& Experience:
- Applicants must have a high school diploma, GED or HSE equivalent.
- Be willing to complete a CDA within one year of hire.
- Experience working with children ages 3-5 and special needs is preferred.
Why YCCAC Children Services:
- We offer a competitive salary; excellent orientation, training and supervision; paid holidays and paid time off.
Visit our web site at www.yccac.org for an application.
Completed resumes and applications will be accepted until January 3, 2020.
York County Community Action
6 Spruce Street, P.O. Box 72
Sanford, ME 04073
(207)324-5762 or 1-800-965-5762