Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
TITLE: Sub Bus Driver - Transportation
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Valid Maine Driver’s License with excellent driving record.
3. Appropriate licensing to meet Maine laws and regulations. (CDL)
4. Must pass an annual physical.
5. Valid DOE fingerprinting certification.
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
1. Supervises all children on bus.
2. Obeys traffic laws.
3. Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
4. Maintains discipline when students are on bus.
5. Reports undisciplined students to the Transportation Supervisor.
6. Keeps assigned vehicle clean.
7. Checks vehicle before each operation for mechanical defects.
8. Notifies the Transportation Supervisor in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
9. Boards and discharges students only at authorized stops.
10. Exercises responsible leadership during all times.
11. Transports only authorized students.
12. Keeps to assigned schedule.
13. Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
14. Enforces regulations against smoking and eating on the bus.
15. Must possess and utilize excellent team building skills.
16. Must be able to work under occasional stress.
17. Must maintain confidentiality when out of work place.
18. Must attend all in-service days for each school year.
19. Must adhere to all school policies.
20. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Committee’s policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
NOTE: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.
Bus Driver | Transportation
Job Location (County)