Engaging Schools seeks an experienced professional to play a leadership role enabling us to develop and maintain effective, equitable, and high quality professional services focusing on school climate, culture, discipline, and student support.
Engaging Schools envisions school communities where all adults support each and every student to strengthen skills and mindsets needed to thrive and make positive contributions in school, work, and life. To achieve this, we collaborate with educators to create equitable and engaging classrooms and schools that support students’ social, emotional, and academic learning and development.
- Maximize high quality service delivery with fidelity in school climate, culture, discipline, and student support professional services including assessment, recalibration, and implementation of new codes of character, conduct, and support.
- Coach, supervise, and evaluate consultants and co-develop and monitor implementation of work plans.
- Contribute to high quality services by providing selected client consultation, professional learning, coaching, and technical assistance through capacity-building in district and school leaders.
- Contribute to school climate, culture, discipline, and student support program development.
- Maintain and expand current district and school partnerships.
- Participate in a department professional learning community and contribute to the integration of program development, consultant assignment and capacity-building, and evaluation of services.
- Minimum eight years’ experience in urban middle and/or high school settings, including at least three years in district and/or school leadership roles
- Knowledge and expertise in areas including secondary school redesign and reform; school climate and culture; equity-centered schools; classroom management, discipline, and behavior support; tiered restorative practices; codes of conduct; and social and emotional learning
- Skilled in project management and assessment; conflict resolution; negotiation; interest-based problem-solving
- Skilled in coaching, supervising, planning and facilitating collegial teams and professional learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree in education or comparable field
Location: Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, or Midwest
Travel: Monthly travel will be required.
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, and generous benefits package
Apply online: https://engaging-schools.hiringthing.com/job/174827/climate-and-culture-specialist
The application process will remain open until the position is filled.
Engaging Schools recognizes and appreciates the benefits of diversity in the workplace. People who share this belief are encouraged to apply.