POSITION: Merrymeeting Community Education Administrator
HOURS/STATUS: Exempt Position/Full-Time/Year-Round/260 Days per Year
LOCATION: Merrymeeting Adult Education-Topsham
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
The Community Education Administrator assists the Director in areas including but not limited to: planning and implementing community education programming, creation of program catalogs and ancillary materials, marketing programming, supporting business/community outreach, providing technology support for classrooms and programming, and serving on various district/community/Hub 7 committees when assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, plan and implement new community education classes and programs.
- Involved in the hiring process for new enrichment teachers.
- Create and coordinate all marketing materials up to and including: course catalogs, e-newsletters, and social media (website, Facebook, etc.) and all other media promoting and supporting Merrymeeting Adult Education.
- Provide direct support for the implementation of technology for remote learning and all components of Merrymeeting programming.
- Oversee professional staff development.
- In absence of Director, oversee facility operations in Topsham office.
- Assist Director in meeting state and federal education requirements.
- Serve as liaison between MSAD No. 75 Technology Department and MAE regarding: distance learning, technology, maintenance/replacement and all Technology matters concerning MAE.
- When necessary and in cooperation with the Director, foster effective partnerships with employers, service providers, Career Center, Maine DOL, Chambers of Commerce and other adult education programs to develop career pathways training.
- Maintain effective and positive working relationships with students, staff and the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Four-year degree in related field.
- Two years teaching experience and minimum of two years administrative experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Highly proficient in various technologies and software up to and including: MSOffice, Google, social media platforms, CourseStorm and other education-related software.
- Able to work a minimum of two evenings a week and occasional weekends when required.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
MSAD No. 75 is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)