Regional School Unit #13
Special Education Teacher - Resource Room
RSU #13 is seeking a dynamic and innovative special educator to work with students with disabilities at Ash Point Community School (Grades K-5). Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering specially designed instruction in multiple content areas,
- Supporting students with behavioral needs,
- Collecting and utilizing data to inform interventions and instruction,
- Supervising special education technicians,
- Completing special education documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
A successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, a willingness to seek nontraditional solutions to issues as they arise, an ability to build positive relationships with students, and a willingness to collaborate with parents, special educators, regular educators, service providers, and administrators as appropriate.
Applicants for this position must have the appropriate education, background, and experience, and have/be eligible for Maine Department of Education certification (#282 endorsement). Maine Criminal History Records Check required.
Please submit an Application for Teaching Positon (available on www.rsu13.org under Central Office, Employment or by calling 207-596-2002), along with the applicable documents to RSU #13, Attn: Human Resources, 28 Lincoln Street, Rockland, ME 04841, or fax to 207-596-2004, or email to email@example.com