Good Will – Hinckley has multiple openings for Direct Support Professionals to join the GWH team in our new Roundel Residential Program, to be located on our Hinckley campus. The Direct Support Professional (DSP) position is a full-time hourly position, assisting and supporting youth with significant social, emotional and behavioral problems. Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, the DSP is primarily responsible for the health, safety and welfare of youths; providing daily direct care and supervision in the ongoing implementation of the treatment plan. This position comes with a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
DSP staff job requirements may include, but are not limited to assisting in behavioral and personal care services to youth that will enable them to reach their fullest potential and improve behavior, academic, social and functional skills.
- Train and monitor social and independent living skills development and manage behavior through the behavior management system.
- Monitor youth progress on goals outlined in the service plan.
- Ability to understand and implement a variety of service plans per each youth’s outcomes and goals.
- Provide direct supervision of youth and/or maintain constant awareness of youth whereabouts.
- Assist youth in all aspects of adjusting to facility, campus and community.
- Teach youth a social skills curriculum focusing on behavioral choices designed to stabilize antisocial conduct: following instructions, accepting feedback, accepting authority, anger management, rational problem solving, etc.
- Teach youth a basic life skills curriculum: personal hygiene, nutrition and food preparation, room care, leisure time management, etc.
- Provide a loving a caring environment conducive to wholesome child development.
- Maintain appropriate adult/child boundaries at all times.
- Attend all meetings and training as directed by supervisor.
- Serve as a positive role model for youth by exhibiting skills taught in the program and adhering to all Good Will – Hinckley policies and guidelines.
- Complete and submit any incident reports to shift leader by the end of shift.
- Actively participate in the writing/completing/submitting of any and all youth documentation required by the service plan, program needs or as directed by supervisor.
- Reports all incidents of work related accident/illness within 24 hours; maintain a safe work environment; ensure that a safe environment is maintained in the workplace by adhering to all safety rules and requirements (Safety Policies) and report any safety hazards to immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the service population.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
- Qualified applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a clean background check with the Maine State Police, Department of Motor Vehicles and DHHS Child and Family Services.
- High school diploma or HiSet required.
- Working cell phone, internet access, an email account and general computer skills/knowledge.
- Reliable transportation that is insured in the state of Maine.
- Valid proof of insurance and current driver’s license maintained in personnel file.
- College coursework in general or special education, psychology, sociology or a related human services field.
- Experience working with individuals with significant social, emotional and behavioral problems.
- CPR/First Aid and Medication Administration Level 1 certified.
Benefits include a competitive wage ($12-$17/hour with shift differentials); health, dental, long-term disability, and life insurance, Maine State Retirement and 401K; Paid Time Off and recognized holidays.
Interested applicants please download the “GWH Employment Application” located on our employment page at https://www.gwh.org/employment-opportunities and submit a complete application, cover letter, resume and 3 letters of recommendation to:
or mail to Human Resources, PO Box 159, Hinckley, ME 04944.
Please reference “DSP” in the subject line or cover letter in your correspondence.
We are an equal opportunity employer