Teaching Assistant/Ed Tech III
Pineland Campus Preschool, New Gloucester
Woodfords Family Services
About the Person We Want to Hire:
You are compassionate, energetic and a people person! You are supportive and have a passion for helping others. You have good verbal and written communication skills, and are an excellent problem solver. You are patient, understanding and creative. You're a dynamic individual who wants to impact the lives of people with special needs and their families! If this describes you, then a position as a Teaching Assistant/Ed Tech III at Woodfords could be waiting for you.
About the Role:
As a Woodfords' Teaching Assistant/Ed Tech III, you work directly with the students providing hands on guidance while helping them meet their individualized goals. You help guide them toward fulling their potential for cognitive, social and emotional growth and maturation. You will be a member of the Early Childhood program working independently with a child and cooperatively with a team. Your schedule is Monday Friday allowing you to maintain a work/life balance.
We invest in you and provide you with paid training & opportunities for advancement! We will teach you the skills and strategies needed to be successful.
Hourly Rate: $13.50-$16.00/per hour depending on experience.
- A minimum of 90 credit hours; Bachelor's degree preferred, in special education, early childhood or a related field.
- A minimum of two years' experience preferred and the desire to work with children with special needs.
- Ability to work a year-round, Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 3:30 pm schedule
- Good documentation skills
- A positive attitude and high energy level
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families since 1967. For 50 years, our agency has been Maine's leader in the provision of services for individuals and their families with autism, developmental and intellectual disabilities. Not only are we committed to our consumers and their families but we are also committed to our staff. That is why we have staff who have been working with us for 10, 20 and 30 plus years!
Want to learn more about our agency, programs or employment opportunities in our Westbrook & Waterville Preschools?
Take a look at this video and hear from our staff, consumers and families about how amazing Woodfords is!
This is What Our Staff has to Say:
"Teaching at the Topsham Preschool has been an invaluable opportunity for my personal and professional growth. I've worked in a few early intervention programs, but this one stands out because of the emphasis on positive work culture, team building, collaboration with therapists, and mentorship. High teacher-to-student ratios create a natural opportunity for strong team building, and having several teachers in a classroom provides the benefit of exposure to many different ideas and strategies for planning and problem solving." - Kelsey, Lead Teacher, Topsham Preschool
We have a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health Insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs, gym membership reimbursement and vision discounts
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- For Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- For Training and Professional Development