North Yarmouth Academy (NYA) seeks a dynamic and experienced candidate to serve as the Director of College Counseling. The successful candidate will oversee the NYA college counseling program and support students throughout the process. The Director educates and informs students and parents regarding the college process, college options, the many nuances of the college admission process, trends, procedures and testing. It is a highly individualized process with students and families. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and experience in college admission, exceptional writing skills, and strong interpersonal skills. The Director of College Counseling is a senior level position and interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter email@example.com with the subject line “Director of College Counseling”.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Providing individual support to students and families throughout the college admission process.
- Inform and educate students and families on the various college options.
- Meet with college representatives and facilitate meetings between college representatives and students.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in college admission, higher education, and testing.
- Educate and inform underclass students on the options and guide them in their curricular choices.
- Serve as a member on school committees including Faculty Academic Committee and Senior Staff.
- Additional more detailed roles will be included with the full job description.
North Yarmouth Academy is an independent, college preparatory, coeducational school for 375 students: toddlers to grade twelve located in Yarmouth, Maine. Yarmouth is situated on the beautiful Maine coast, 10 miles from Portland, Maine and less than 2 hours from Boston, MA. Since 1814, NYA has fostered integrity, character, and intellect in its students. For more information visit the website at www.nya.org.