Becket Schools of Maine
Androscoggin Learning & Transition Center
**$1,000 Stay On Bonus for new hires who stay on for 1 whole school year**
Becket Schools of Maine are approved day treatment programs licensed by the Maine Department of Education as special purpose private schools. Becket Schools of Maine believe that all students can learn, achieve at high standards, and have abilities and talents that are worthy of being identified and supported. The Becket Schools are members of the Becket Family of Services which has 40+ locations and over 50 years of serving New England youth and families.
At Becket Family of Schools, we provide individualized therapeutic support and educational services to those students identified as special education and have not been successful in public school in grades K – 12. All students have an assigned school social worker and are supported by Behavioral Health Professionals (BHP).
Androscoggin Learning and Transition Center will be moving into a BRAND NEW 26,000 sqft location in November in order to continue their growth in the community.
While working for Becket as an Ed Tech III/BHP you will:
- Assist students in achieving academic success by providing our students regular guidance, mentoring, and support.
- Participate as a member of our education and treatment teams which facilitate individual counseling as well as group counseling and assessments.
- Provide behavioral support based on each student's individual treatment plan which may include de-escalating tough situations and performing physical restraints to maintain student and staff safety (State approved training provided on site)
- Promote schools pride by helping maintain a clean and welcoming facility.
- Make a difference in the life of children while growing as a person and a professional
- Behavioral Health Professional certificate preferred, but we will train qualified candidates
- Preferred, Bachelor's in Psychology, Social Work, Human Services or other related field.
- REQUIRED - At least 90 credits from an accredited college.
- Competitive pay starting at $18.00/hr
- Merit based raise system with growth up to $21.00/hr.
- Earned time and sick time
- Opportunities for growth within the company. Many of our directors and managers started out as BHP's!
- Great work – life balance with full time and part time positions available.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b Retirement with 4% match after 1 year, Health Flexible Spending Account, Legal, Short & Long-Term Disability, Basic Life & Supplemental Life, AD&D, Travel Assistance, and Employee Assistance Programs.
Becket Family of Services is an EEO employer