Camp North Star in Poland Spring, Maine, is hiring Outdoors Staff for the 2020 camp season.
Camp North Star, a premier co-ed traditional sleep-away camp in Southern Maine, (2 hours outside Boston) is looking for ropes course faciliators and outdoor education teachers for the 2020 camp season. The compensation includes all living and food expenses. This position is ideal for recent college graduates and teachers.
We are seeking staff who have:
- Prior experience working with children, preferably at a summer camp.
- Either demonstrated experience on a high ropes course OR experience teaching a variety of outdoor education classes including campfire cooking, orienteeering, archery, pond study, hiking and outdoor living skills.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a positive role model for our campers.
- Ability to work as part of a team with your fellow counselors and along side our leadership team.
Overview of Position -
Live in a cabin with 1 or 2 other counselors and supervise a group of 8 - 10 campers. During the program day (Monday through Friday) lead activities at the sport(s) you are hired to coach.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Live with group of campers and help each camper adjust and grow in relation to other campers and camp life, and monitor daily care and hygiene of cabin group and living space.
- Communicate effectively with children and staff in all areas of the camp operation. Write and follow lesson plans for activities you are assigned to teach.
- Work cooperatively as necessary with all other staff members in planning, implementation, and evaluation of activities.
- Adhere to rules, regulations, and expectations of the camp, with special emphasis on safety, health, and mutual respect.
- Guide each individual camper in participation in their group and all camp activities. Assist campers in choosing and scheduling their weekly schedule.
- Assist with all camp program activities and other camp-wide activities as assigned.
- Actively supervise campers and engage in conversation with campers during meals.
- Attend staff meetings regularly and relay information to other staff not present. Contribute as necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Camp North Star offers a competitive salary, room and board, professional development training, weekly laundry, and staff t-shirts.
Staff with camp age children can usually attend tuition-free through our scholarship program.
How to apply
Apply online at https://campnorthstarmaine.com/staff-info/. Questions? Contact us by phone at 207-998-4777.