POSITION: Administrative Assistant to Principal/Administrative Support Lead (Head Secretary II)
LOCATION: Mt. Ararat High School
HOURS/STATUS: Full Year - 31 to 40 Hours Weekly
CLOSING DATE: December 17, 2019 or Open Until Filled
TO APPLY: http://applitrack.com/link75/onlineapp
- Provide overall administrative support to the Principal and oversee projects and planning of events including but not limited to graduation, awards/recognition programs, professional development events, annual budget process, fundraising and opening/closing of school annually.
- Provide confidential administrative support including, but not limited to, composing correspondence, filing, soliciting/issues agendas and maintaining calendars.
- Organize and assign duties in collaboration with other administrative support personnel to ensure efficient operations of administrative services associated with each office area.
- Organize the graduation proceedings in collaboration with the principal, graduation director, class advisor, facilities personnel and others. Assume responsibility for gathering and compiling legal names for diplomas, ordering and checking diplomas for graduation. Assume responsibility for the graduation program, communication with press and other duties specifically associated with the graduation ceremony.
- Oversee financial operations associated district accounts and internal accounts in compliance with district policies and procedures. Manage purchasing procedures using online accounting systems for district funds and internal accounts. Communicate with principal, department heads and personnel overseeing internal accounts regarding processes and questions concerning expenditures or balances. Maintain files to serve as a backup system for information sent to the district business office. Order, distribute and inventory administrative and departmental supplies throughout school.
- Complete periodic reports for attendance, enrollment, year-end statistics, etc.
- Oversee employee time and attendance reporting, manage absences and substitute placement via AESOP.
- Prepare documents and submit information regarding hiring processes and personnel changes (status change, requisitions, request for leave, etc.) using online system for Principal approval.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED. Associate’s Degree and/or on-going course work toward a degree preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience; to include supervisory experience.
- Strong technology skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), accounting software, personnel management software and student information systems. Must have an aptitude to quickly learn new technology.
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven organization skills with ability to multi-task, work independently and make judgment calls expeditiously and appropriately.