The Maine Educational Center for the Deaf/Gov. Baxter School for the Deaf is seeking to fill a full time, 185-day, Education Technician III, K-12 floater position.
Job Description: An Education Technician III provides classroom support to the teachers and students. Assists in meeting prescribed IEP goals and objectives. They oversee the activities of students, tutors students as needed, supervises students in the lobby before and after school, assists with cafeteria, playground, bus and other non-instructional duties and assists teachers with classroom material preparation. This position will float between all Portland Public School Programs as needed throughout the day.
- Education Technician III certification from the State of Maine, Dept. of Education.
- Three years of post-secondary education in an education-related field
- Fluency in American Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf Culture is preferred
- Knowledge of basic academic subjects.
- Knowledge of child development.
- Ability to supervise the activities of students.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, professionals and families.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Doreen Spear, HR Generalist
Maine Educational Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Gov. Baxter School for the Deaf
Falmouth, Maine 04105