Classroom responsibilities for this full-time school year position include the ability and knowledge to teach courses in college preparatory math from Algebra I through pre-calculus. The faculty member will work closely with colleagues in the department and will teach a large number of international students. Candidates should be comfortable using iPads, interactive whiteboards, and other instructional technology and programs. Responsibilities include teaching six instructional courses and proctoring a study hall.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire to teach at an independent residential school and an ability to contribute to a vibrant student activity program. Candidates willing to live in a residential setting and assist with residential life duties may receive priority consideration. If space is available, MCI may be able to provide on-campus housing in our residence halls and meals in our dining hall. Each faculty member is expected to contribute to the co-curricular environment at MCI.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in mathematics is required; a master's degree in education or math is
- Prior high school teaching experience is required and experience with both struggling students and international students
- Experience teaching English Language Learners is required; English as a Second Language (ESL) certification desired
- Proficiency in use of instructional technology experience with l:l programs a
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with students, parents, peers, and supervisors.
- Experience with UBD, backward mapping, and using data to assess student progress and to drive
MCI offers a competitive benefits program including medical, vision and dental plans, disability, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, completed MCI Job application and three letters of reference to Eveline M. Bailey, Dean of Academics at: email@example.com