Regional School Unit #13
Anticipated Opening - 2017-2018 School Year
Special Education Teacher – Elementary (K-5) Self-Contained Behavior Program
- Maine Department of Education Certification (282 Endorsement)
- Maine Criminal History Records Check
- Candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate the competence and flexibility necessary to program for students with cognitive, emotional, and behavioral needs.
- Create and implement behavior plans.
- Collect, and report on, academic and functional data.
- Complete required state special education paperwork associated with case management and provision of special education services.
- Supervise, and collaborate with, educational technicians.
- Collaborate with fellow special educators in the area of program development and implementation.
A successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, a willingness to seek nontraditional solutions to issues as they arise, an ability to build positive relationships with students, and a willingness to collaborate with parents, special educators, regular educators, service providers, and administrators as appropriate.
Please submit an Application for Teaching Position (available on www.rsu13.org under Central Office, Employment or by calling 207596-2002), along with the required documents to: RSU #13, Attn: Human Resources, 28 Lincoln Street, Rockland, ME 04841