The Resource Developer is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating development, communications, and public relations activities that ensures a structure to shape and develop funding and resources to sustain the organizations programs, mission, and goals as outlined by the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
- Must have adequate transportation, a valid driver's license and meet WCAP's insurance.
- Ability to meet WCAP background clearance requirements.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- Minimum of two to 4 years of relevant work experience in non-profit development, program development and fundraising.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of community needs, special populations and poverty.
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to author grants, proposals and media material for multiple target audiences.
- Proficient with multi-media including websites social media, radio, newsprint and advertising.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all constituencies, including clients, employees, board members, regulatory agencies, and the community at large; must possess tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and direct projects.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi task and meet critical deadlines.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with wed site maintenance a plus.
The following education requirements are considered essential:
- Bachelor's Degree in related Field such as communications, business administration, public administration, finance, or social welfare.
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated
A detailed job description is available on our website: www.waldocap.org. Please submit a completed WCAP employment application also available on our website to: Human Resources, WCAP, PO Box 130, Belfast, ME 04915. This position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found. WCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Katie Bagley, HR Manager
PO Box 130
Waldo Community Action Partners
Mid Coast Maine