Special Education Director (Anticipated)
Good Will-Hinckley has an opening for a full-time Special Education Director for all GWH school programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for special education administration for the Glenn Stratton Learning Center, a K-12 day treatment program.
The Glenn Stratton Learning Center Day School (GSLC) offers educational services to students in grades kindergarten through twelve who experience significant social-emotional and behavioral challenges. Individualized and small group instruction geared to Maine State Learning Results and Common Core Standards is provided within a consistent behavioral structure and therapeutic milieu. Through a child centered, collaborative team approach, each student's academic, behavioral and social-emotional needs are considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of all special education processes at Good Will - Hinckley, including the allocation of school resources. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies (Department of Education, Special Education).
- Provide resource information related to special education regulations and practices for all educators by disseminating education from professional organizations (MADSEC, LDA, etc.), acting as a liaison to the State Department of Special Education for Good Will – Hinckley.
- Consult with lead special education teacher and Program Manager on effective strategies for individualizing student programming.
- Work with staff and special education teachers to ensure proper procedures and documentation are in place.
- Facilitate special education staff meetings.
- Participate in screening, interviewing and hiring of all GSLC Staff.
- Work in collaboration with Lead Special Education Teacher to perform staff observations and evaluations on all special education teachers and education staff at GSLC.
- Provide supervision and consultation to Lead Special Education Teacher and Program Manager to ensure effective processes are in place to address compliance and program integrity.
- Work with clinical staff to address implementation and adherence to mental health licensing and DOE standards.
- Serve as liaison with special education directors and others to process referrals in a timely manner.
- Provide program oversight for all clinical and educational processes at GSLC.
- Assure department(s) representation and participation in the Safety Committee; coordinate with Safety/HR to identify solutions to incidents; positively supports workplace health and safety with the goal of zero incidents; ensures that a safe environment is maintained in the workplace by adhering to all safety rules and requirements (Safety Policies) and report any safety hazards to immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the service population.
- Such other duties as the VP Direct of Operations may reasonably assign.
- Master’s Degree and 030 SPED Director certification.
- Satisfactory reference, background and health checks
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and must be able to provide solid professional and personal references.
Benefits include a competitive salary; health, dental, long-term disability, and life insurance, Maine State Retirement and 401K.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and updated resume to:
or fax to 238-4020
or mail to Human Resources, PO Box 159, Hinckley, ME 04944.
Please reference “SE Director” in the subject line or cover letter in your correspondence.
We are an equal opportunity employer