General Scope of Duties:
The Home Visitor provides developmentally appropriate education that advances the cognitive, language, physical, social and emotional growth for a caseload of up to 12 families. Work with families to support parents in strengthening their skills as the primary educators of their children in the home and through bi-monthly group socializations. The Home Visitor ensures compliance with all existing state child care licensing regulations and federal Head Start Program Performance Standards.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination and TB screening.
- Must have adequate transportation, a valid driver's license and meet WCAP's insurance requirements.
- Must meet WCAP’s background clearance requirements.
- Valid Criminal Record History Check (CHRC) through DOE.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- Experience teaching infants and toddler children.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational/time management skills.
- At least two years’ experience working with young children and families in a human service setting, preferably in homes.
- Maine Infant Toddler Credential I or II preferred.
You must meet one of the following education requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or a Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to ECE or any subject with coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education.
- An Associate’s Degree in ECE.
- An Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA).
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated
A detailed job description is available on our website: www.waldocap.org. Please submit a completed WCAP employment application also available on our website to: Human Resources, WCAP, PO Box 130, Belfast, ME 04915. This position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found. WCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Katie Bagley, HR Manager
PO Box 130
Waldo Community Action Partners
Mid Coast Maine