Employment Specialist I - Vocational Services
Maine Medical Center
Per Diem, Flexible (As Needed)
Maine Medical Center is seeking multiple Employment Specialists I - Vocational Services in the Greater Portland and Lewiston areas. Travel is required; reimbursement is available. This position is ideal for students, retirees, teachers, or anyone interested in working with wonderful people in their community!
The Employment Specialist I - Vocational Services assists staff in the support of employees with disabilities. The hours are specific to each client. They evaluate and supplement training when needed for specific job tasks, and receive case specific direction from other Department staff.
- General educational development to provide supervision and training to people with disabilities at a level normally acquired through completion of two years of college.
- Ability to complete online CES (College of Employment Support) job coach modules plus Fading Supports in the Workplace day long training within 6 months of hire.
- H.S. Diploma or a GED and at least one year of work experience. At least one year of experience working with a person with a disability is preferred.
- Six months of previous job coaching experience and/or experience working with people with disabilities in a related field preferred.
- Analytical ability to evaluate job performance and behavioral traits of people with disabilities.
- Interpersonal skills to provide training and guidance to people with disabilities.
To apply, please click here or visit www.careersatmainehealth.org.
About Maine Medical Center:
Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees. In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.